Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd has a vacancy for a Bioassay Study Scientist to join our operations at Biocity Nottingham, UK with an immediate start!
The role is initially offered on a 6-month contract with potential to extend. Cellomatics Biosciences Ltd. is a specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing pre-clinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
About the Job:
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Assist in method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Assist in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements, including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing GLP and ISO accreditation
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
- PhD degree in Bioscience; recent graduate preferred
- Previous experience in cell culture, western blot and immunoassays. Experience in cell based functional and molecular assays is desirable but not essential.
- Proven skills and experience in designing and trouble-shooting the technologies used in the section/department.
- High level understanding of the techniques used in their field of expertise.
- High level of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
What we offer:
- Our benefits package includes a competitive salary; discretionary bonus, 2% employer pension contribution, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Biocity Nottingham office.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for one of these roles to firstname.lastname@example.org