Bioassay Scientist (Cell Biologist)
Cellomatics is a rapidly growing specialised Contract Research Organisation (CRO) providing preclinical laboratory services to support the drug development programmes of Biotech and Pharmaceutical companies.
Cellomatics BioSciences Ltd has a vacancy for a Bioassay Scientist (Cell Biologist) graduate to join our operations at 10 Colwick Quays Business Park, Nottingham, UK with an immediate start. This individual will report to the Bioassay Senior Scientist.
- Contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department
- Take responsibility for developing and performing cell-based and biochemical assays for client projects
- Prepare and present oral and written reports to internal and external audiences
- Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
- Support routine laboratory operation and maintenance
- Ensure that all duties are performed in accordance with organisational standards, policies, and procedures
- Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations
- Be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant and assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
- PhD Degree in Cell Biology/Life Sciences or equivalent
- Previous experience in cell culture, cell based functional assays (phenotypic assays, proliferation assays), biochemical assays (ELISA, Fluorescence/FRET techniques, fluorescence polarisation, alphaLISA assays), high throughput screening, fluorescence microscopy, western blotting is essential
- Have a track record of building and deploying assay systems
- Excellent communication, analytical skills, and proven experience of presenting complex information to clients
- A quick learner, have good problem-solving skills, and be able to work effectively in a team
- Working knowledge of Cell Profiler/Image J and any other imaging analysis software is essential
- Experience of using excel and GraphPad Prism for data analysis
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and multi-tasking is essential
What we offer:
Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, 3% employer pension contribution and flexible working options. This position is based at our facility at 10 Colwick Quays Business Park, Nottingham, UK.
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Depending on the candidates experience and skill sets
To apply, please confirm your status of eligibility to work in the UK and send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.