Target validation ensures that the target is expressed and then confirms if the engagement of the target has any potential therapeutic benefit. It is a critical step in the early phase of drug development. Our scientists at Cellomatics offer target validation assay design and support for a wide range of projects.
- Discovering a biomolecule of interest
- Investigating the expression of the molecular target within the tissue of interest
- Evaluating its potential as a target to understand if it is directly involved in the disease process
- Designing a bioassay to measure biological activity to verify if target modulation produces the desired therapeutic effect
- Constructing a high-throughput screen
- Performing screening to find hits and evaluating the hits
- We can offer support and assay design for protein and novel target expression in a range of normal and diseased tissue, including:
- IHC and novel marker assay development & co-localisation studies
- Phosphorylated marker assay development
- High-throughput target validation assay that represents biology
- Molecular level
- Screen enzyme inhibitors or activators
- Cellular Level
- Verify the involvement of the protein in the disease state (often use gene silencing siRNAs)
- Understand the protein pathways and interactions
Request a consultation with Cellomatics Biosciences today
Our experienced team of in vitro laboratory scientists will work with you to understand your cell-based assay development needs and provide a bespoke project plan with a professional, flexible service and a fast turnaround time.
To request a consultation where we can discuss your exact requirements, please contact Cellomatics Biosciences.